Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

GONE AHEAD OF ME

Sanfelli Marius Michael C. Hortelano
http.//shortelano.blogspot.com

“Children are supposed to be the ones to burry their parents.
Not the other way around.”

A father’s outcry has come to pour down his pain of loosing. With me, as his drinking spree partner, he lamented his sorrows amid severe melancholic sadness. Kristin, his one and only seventeen-year-old daughter, who is at the same time my godchild, was robbed, raped and murdered. Worse, justice seemed illusive in their reach. Not to tell, zero witnesses coupled with weak forensics add up the pile of frustrating flavor. In our place, there is no way that the evidence can speak. CSIs are everywhere but the obsoleteness of their schooling hinders the efficiency of their craft.

Bottle after bottle, his frustration poured on but no matter how hard he cries, there is no way that he could bring his daughter back. He sad: “Children are supposed to be the ones to burry their parents. Not the other way around.” He’s questioning the defiance of a supposed fixed chronological order of life. Simply put, the old die ahead of the young. Sour grapping is common for he is still in denial. The instinct of a father wishing that he could take his daughter’s shoes is purely evident but crying over spilled milk is useless. Acceptance may be far ahead but it is certain.

“She’s gone ahead of me. My angel is up their overshadowing me. It’s painful but yet normal for me to see my parents die and burry them. Everybody dies and it is my duty as their child to do it as a form of last respect. But to see my child die ahead of me defied the norms of life and nature. It’s just like saying that one plus one is equal to three or zero plus zero is equal to two. It’s just weird but death defies everything. Love your children while they are still there. Children, love your parents while you still can. Because if they’re gone, they’re gone.”

Tears dripping down his face while he was at the lector; an inspiring necrology indeed. He drew in closer watching the casket gone, he smiled, sighed and said…Thank you. Kristin, I’ll be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment